Thursday, October 13, 2005

Easy Tarte Tatin


The first time I had Tarte Tatin, I decided that I must learn to make it myself. That was more than 10 years ago. I am really not sure why it took me so long to actually make it, but it may partly be that the recipes I had were somewhat involved. Stranded at home today with only a couple of apples for fruit, I was considering my options for a fast dessert. The puff pastry package in the freezer inspired me to finally make Tarte Tatin; an easy version that is. Luckily, an Internet search yielded a myriad of recipes for it, and I used the first one of these. The recipe suggested serving the tart warm with vanilla ice cream, but since we were short on some of the required ingredients, we had to settle for whipped cream which was also a very good accompaniment.